Cutler Real Estate asked Dean a few questions so you can get to know him better, and here are Dean's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- U.S. Navy 1980-1984
- Manufacturing Management 1984-1992
- Firefighter/Medic 1992-present
- Realtor/Licensed in 2001
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
In going through the process of purchasing our second home, I learned so much and gained a thorough understanding of the process. I also recognized the value and need for honest, ethical individuals to assist people and truly represent their interests in a real estate transaction. My wife Debra shared my interest in real estate and also saw this need. After much thought and discussion we decided to pursue careers in real estate. My wife entered the business in 1998 and I became licensed in 2001. I also work as a firefighter/medic for the City of Barberton. My work schedule there affords me sufficient time and presents the opportunity to pursue my real estate career which tends to work well with our team approach to providing our clients the customer service they deserve.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
My wife and I have lived in Lake Township for 20 plus years. We love the closeness of the community, the apparent sense of pride, the quality schools, teachers and administrators. Not to mention, I can be at Hartville Hardware in less than 5 minutes.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I don't really have an abundance of free time so I just enjoy the simple pleasures, spending time with family, cookouts, a round of golf, and Harley rides with my wife.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
I have to mirror my wife's response to this one.
- Our home, which provides a comfortable place to gather with family and friends
- My Harley, which provides an incredible feeling of freedom and is a great way to see the countryside (even though we have to check our messages and e-mail at each stop)
- My phone to maintain my ability to communicate
- Our photo albums and home videos for our most cherished memories
- Most importantly The Holy Bible which provides a pattern for living and offers a sense of hope and peace for our future
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?