Cutler Real Estate asked Debbie a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Debbie's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
I have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, and worked 20+ years at Akron Children's Hospital in the Neonatal Unit. Due to needs of the family (4 children & a husband with 2 careers) I stepped out of nursing for a time, intending to return later.
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I realized I wanted something with a more flexible schedule. My husband suggested real estate, and the rest is history!
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I live in Kent, and absolutely love this community! I like the vital downtown area with lots of restaurants and shops. Having Kent State University right here provides cultural and athletic opportunities; additionally, it adds nice diversity to the city. I have found people to be warm and friendly here.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I enjoy hiking. biking, skiing and other outdoor activities. I love to be in my garden in the summer, but also really appreciate the winter as well. I'm the crazy one who celebrates the big snowfalls we occasionally get!
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
I love my kids and grand kids, so I would probably hang onto whatever family photos I could grab. I enjoy cruising in our T bird convertible in the summer, so I'd probably keep that as well. I am an avid reader, so the Kindle absolutely stays. And probably I would want my comfy jeans and favorite broken in sweatshirt.
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?